So a few posts back I talked about the bench we made out of an old suitcase and how it will be used as a bench for my future make-up vanity. Wellll, we built it!! And it turned out awesome! Check it out! Once again all materials were scraps in our garage.
What we used:
- Butcher Block
- Scrap wood for the stand
- White Paint
- Sanded and routered the edges of the butcher block.
- Then torched the butcher block to give it the dark grainy look. (You could stain or paint if you like)
- Used the table saw to rip scrap wood for the legs.
- Sanded all four legs.
- Painted all the legs white.
- Next, we made the boards for under the butcher block that will connect all the legs and make it a sturdy structure.
- We painted those boards white as well.
- We used a Kreg Jig to make pocket holes in these boards so that we could attach them to the legs and hide the screws.
- We used these four boards to attach all four legs together. (And had a stand)
- Finally, we set the butcher block on top and attached it to the stand.
- And BOOM! There was a simple make-up vanity. (or whatever else we wanted it to be)
Check out our video for the full process! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IPCOdDPCpM
Once again we had so much fun making this and I am a happy wife!!!!!! 🙂 Now we just need a reason to put make-up on. 😉 Stay Scrappy folks!!